This project was worked on by the following people, working in partnership from across our business…
- John Prestwich Partner, Property Management
- Alan Harris Head of Town Centre Sector Partner, Development & Valuation Consultancy
- Adrian Peachey Partner, Commercial Agency and Advisory
- Kevin White Head of Education Sector Partner, Development & Valuation Consultancy
- Doug Harris Associate, Property Management
- Inma Latorre Associate, Development & Valuation Consultancy
- Ben Pain Associate, Rating
Banbury town centre, like many others, has been suffering from too much retail and a lack of identity. Montagu Evans have been involved for several years in various aspects of town shaping.
Advice included a development agreement to deliver a new leisure extension to the Castle Quay shopping centre, comprising a new cinema, food and beverage, food store and car parking with major public realm improvements along a canalside setting. A vital part of broadening the town’s offer and appeal.
Acting for the Council, we acquired the shopping centre to give them control over the development and the direction of a major town centre asset. The leisure scheme is now under construction and we are retained to asset and property manage the centre. Montagu Evans continue to advise on the wider vision for Banbury which includes land assembly and development advice on the major, residential-led, canalside scheme that links the station to the town centre.