This project was worked on by the following people, working in partnership from across our business…
- John Prestwich Partner, Property Management
- Andy Haughey Partner, Development & Valuation Consultancy
- Kevin White Head of Education Sector Partner, Development & Valuation Consultancy
- Simon Russian Partner, Development & Valuation Consultancy
- Inma Latorre Associate, Development & Valuation Consultancy
- Rachel Lambert Senior surveyor, Development & Valuation Consultancy
- Doug Harris Associate, Property Management
- Ben Pain Associate, Rating
Shropshire Council have an ambitious vision for the market town of Shrewsbury as set out in their Big Town Plan.
Part of delivering that vision involved a need to take control of a large portion of the town centre, and the Council appointed Montagu Evans to advise on the strategic acquisition of the three town centre shopping centres (Darwin, Pride Hill and Riverside).
Acquired in January 2018, Montagu Evans are now helping deliver on the integrated business plan which will consolidate the main fashion offer into one centre, repurpose another to be leisure-led to support the night-time economy, and the third to be subject to a wholesale redevelopment.
The project as a whole, will regenerate a neglected part of the town overlooking the River Severn, helping to deliver homes, workspaces, hospitality, leisure, civic and cultural uses into the heart of the town. This long-term approach, recognises the changing face of retail and bolstering the town centre economy, to build on Shrewsbury’s reputation for heritage and tourism.