This project was worked on by the following people, working in partnership from across our business…
- Alan Harris Head of Advisory, Advisory
- Adrian Peachey Partner, Advisory, Advisory - Development
- John Prestwich Partner, Property Management, Property Management - Retail
- Andy Haughey Partner, Advisory, Advisory - Asset & Investment
- Kevin White Partner, Advisory, Advisory - Asset & Investment
- Inma Latorre Associate, Advisory, Advisory - Asset & Investment
- Doug Harris Associate, Property Management, Property Management - Retail
- Ben Pain Associate, Advisory, Advisory - Rating
Shropshire Council has an ambitious vision for the market town of Shrewsbury as set out in their Big Town Plan.
Part of delivering that vision involved a need to take control of a large portion of the town centre, and the Council appointed Montagu Evans to advise on the strategic acquisition of the three town centre shopping centres (Darwin, Pride Hill and Riverside).
Acquired in January 2018, Montagu Evans are now helping deliver on the integrated business plan, which will consolidate the main fashion offer into one centre, repurpose another to be leisure-led to support the night-time economy, and the third to be subject to a wholesale redevelopment.
The project will regenerate a neglected part of the town overlooking the River Severn, helping to deliver homes, workspaces, hospitality, leisure, and civic and cultural uses into the heart of the town. This long-term approach recognises the changing face of retail and bolsters the town centre economy to build on Shrewsbury’s reputation for heritage and tourism.