“Montagu Evans continue to play a key role in providing estates professional services and valuation advice. We particularly like that their approach provides clients with direct access to partners who are active surveying practitioners. This ensures we have the involvement of experienced and knowledgeable partners providing active oversight of our transactional and advisory work. The partners are equally accessible to my staff as they are to me, open to challenge, listen to client needs and seek to engage constructively to find property solutions.” Head of Corporate Property, DEFRA
Montagu Evans presents… Central Government
Get in touch
- Graham Copeland
Head of Central Government Sector PartnerView profile
- Gary Howes
Head of Development and Valuation Consultancy PartnerView profile
Central Government is looking to transform the way it uses land and property, moving away from short-term opportunistic realisation of savings to a more considered, proactive longer-term value for money approach.
In this context, property is increasingly being seen as one of the key enablers to delivering the government’s wider objectives of improving efficiency, delivering the best possible public services, releasing surplus land for buildings and boosting growth across the UK.
As a firm, Montagu Evans is the leading adviser to Central Government, supporting its strategy of Better Estate, Better Services and Better Government. We provide tailored solutions from single building advice to complex multi-service UK-wide portfolios to support those wider objectives.
Some of the challenges our clients face:
- Provision of world-class professional estate management services, providing management accounting and reporting, estate asset planning, demonstrating superior technical expertise and timely and disciplined execution.
- Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the government estate.
- Enhancing commercial expertise within government property to maximise capital receipts from the disposal of surplus assets and releasing land for productive use including housing
- Providing innovative and flexible property solutions to support departments in business change and workforce transformation.
- Provide land for housing units on surplus land to contribute to government housing targets.
- Key fact: In 2019 we delivered land to build over 14,000 homes, generating over £500 million of land value for greater public use.
ASSOCIATED SERVICES: Development Consultancy. Planning. Heritage. Rating. Valuation. Land. Investment. Agency. Property Management. CPO. MASTERPLANNING. VIABILITY. regeneration. strategic land. affordable housing. Estate Rationalisation. Expert Witness. Masterplanning.
Featured Central Government case study
Defence Infrastructure Organisation Planning and Disposal StrategyView project
You may also want to see...