Diversity & Inclusion
As a Partnership, we are built on trust. Our culture and values embrace diversity, it’s what makes us stronger. A diverse and inclusive workforce brings with it diversity of thought, skills and experience which enable us to be progressive, innovative and make a difference.
We strive to create an inclusive environment where all our people can achieve regardless of any difference. It is therefore important to us to support initiatives that work towards our ultimate goal – to have a workforce that is reflective of wider society. One where all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability and sexual orientation, feel respected and able tofulfill their career goals without any real, or perceived, barrier. Fundamentally, we aim to create a workplace where diversity is no longer on the agenda because it is only then that we will have created a community where no issues with diversity exist!
“EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE FIRM IS TREATED WITH RESPECT AND SEEN AS PART OF THE FAMILY. THERE IS A GREAT DEAL OF FLEXIBILITY AND A SENSE OF PRIDE ACROSS THE FIRM. YOU COME TO WORK WANTING TO DO A GOOD JOB. THERE IS AN APPROACHABLE ATMOSPHERE AND A SENSE OF FUN, YET WE ALL WORK HARD WANTING TO SUCCEED. QUITE SIMPLY, A CULTURE SO GOOD YOU WOULDN’T MIND WORKING LONG HOURS, YET YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO ACTUALLY HAVE A PROPER WORK LIFE BALANCE.”
Anonymous feedback from Property Week’s 2020 Best Places to Work
Recently, we set out some goals to hire, promote and retain a more diverse range of people (with a particular focus on females at senior levels). To achieve this, our actions included engagement with external agencies, reviewing our recruitment strategies, and HR policies and reviewing our data.
Since then, we have achieved the following:
- Salary Committee (Salco) involvement in promotion decisions to ensure fairness, consistency and transparency across the firm
- Maternity and Paternity policies are reviewed to ensure they are competitive with the market
- Women’s leadership programme launched
- Parental Leave coaching introduced
- We have widened the pool of universities we attend to attract a more diverse pool of graduate applications
- Unconscious bias and Working with Respect training rolled out
- Mental Health First Aider training introduced
- ME:Pride LGBTQ+ community created in recognition of LGBT history month
Please click the image below to view our Diversity and Inclusion report below for more information on our recent achievements.
Additionally, our Gender Pay Gap report can be accessed by clicking the image below.
In addition to the above, we partner with a number of organisations to support us on our ongoing journey: