Diversity & Inclusion
As a Partnership we are built on trust. Our culture and values embrace diversity, it’s what makes us stronger. A diverse and inclusive workforce brings with it diversity of thought, skills and experience which enable us to be progressive, innovative and make a difference.
We strive to create an inclusive environment where all our people can achieve regardless of any difference. It is therefore important to us to support initiatives that work towards our ultimate goal – to have a workforce that is reflective of wider society. One where all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability and sexual orientation, feel respected and able to fulfill their career goals without any real, or perceived, barrier. Fundamentally our aim is to create a workplace where diversity is no longer on the agenda, because it is only then that we will have created a community where no issues with diversity exist!
“EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE FIRM IS TREATED WITH RESPECT AND SEEN AS PART OF THE FAMILY. THERE IS A GREAT DEAL OF FLEXIBILITY AND A SENSE OF PRIDE ACROSS THE FIRM. YOU COME TO WORK WANTING TO DO A GOOD JOB. THERE IS AN APPROACHABLE ATMOSPHERE AND A SENSE OF FUN YET WE ALL WORK HARD WANTING TO SUCCEED. QUITE SIMPLY, A CULTURE SO GOOD YOU WOULDN’T MIND WORKING LONG HOURS, YET YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO ACTUALLY HAVE A PROPER WORK LIFE BALANCE.”
– Anonymous feedback from Property Week’s 2020 Best Places to Work
In 2018 we set out some goals to hire, promote and retain a more diverse range of people (with a particular focus on females at senior levels). To achieve this our actions included engagement with external agencies, reviewing our recruitment strategies, HR policies and reviewing our data.
Since then we have achieved the following:
- Salary Committee (Salco) involvement in promotion decisions to ensure fairness, consistency and transparency across the firm
- Maternity and Paternity policies reviewed to ensure they are competitive with the market
- Women’s leadership programme launched in 2020
- Parental Leave coaching introduced
- We have widened the pool of universities we attend to attract a more diverse pool of graduate applications
- Our graduate intake in 2019 and 2020 was 47% female
- Unconscious bias and Working with Respect training rolled out
- Mental Health First Aider training introduced
- ME:Pride LGBTQ+ community created in recognition of LGBT history month
View our Diversity and Inclusion report here for more information on our recent achievements.
Our 2020 Gender Pay Gap can be accessed here.
In addition to the above we are partnering with a number of organisations to support us on our ongoing journey:
Since 2019 we are Bronze members of Pathways to Property, an initiative for Year 12 students in UK state schools and colleges who would like to find out more about a career in the property sector. It is an initiative led by the Reading Real Estate Foundation at the University of Reading and we hosted our first work experience students last year.
We have lots more exciting plans in the pipeline and our 2021/22 Diversity & Inclusion strategy which will be published soon, including our September 2021 Apprenticeship programme.