This project was worked on by the following people, working in partnership from across our business…
- Adrian Peachey Partner, Commercial Agency and Advisory
- John Tinley Partner, Property Management
- Dan Peake Partner, Commercial Agency and Advisory
- Alan Benson Partner, Property Management
- Alan Harris Head of Town Centre Sector Partner, Development & Valuation Consultancy
- Andy Haughey Partner, Development & Valuation Consultancy
We advised Buckinghamshire County Council on the purchase of a 285,000 sq ft shopping centre on a strategic 6 acre site in the heart of Aylesbury town centre from Patrizia & Wells Fargo Bank for £12 million (£42 per sqft Capital Value).
The property sits in a strategic location in the town centre in an area which will see a new Garden Town Master Plan focused on the Station Quarter. Our cross sector team worked with the client to develop a short and long term business plan to regenerate the centre which will create a new Strategic Delivery Partnership with the private sector for a mixed residential, hotel, cinema, restaurant & bar, health, co-working office and retail scheme. In addition the acquisition provides the opportunity to relocate the new unified authorities own Civic Office requirements and to rationalise the town centre public transport arrangements.
When combined with the Councils surrounding assets the site will offer 11 acres of opportunity for redesigning Aylesbury Town Centre as part of the Garden Town Master Plan creating an environment fit for the existing population and the planned 16,000 new homes. .