The Montagu Evans Rating Team, which sits within the wider Development, Valuation Consultancy and Rating Department (DVCR), is one of the most established teams in the UK. Operating from our offices in London, Manchester and Glasgow, we provide expert rating consultancy and appeal advice to a wide range of occupiers and owners in both the private and the public sectors.
The team is organised into two principal work streams: the Landlord/Developer Rating team and the Rating Occupier team. The latter is our largest team whether measured by number of personnel, quantum of hereditaments and aggregate RV under management.
The Occupier Rating team provides rating advice to ratepayers with an operational interest in their properties. They deal with a wide range of property types and therefore make use of the rentals, Contractors and R&E valuation methods.
Key Clients Instructions include:
• A significant number of NHS entities
• Arnold Clark
• The O2
• Various Serviced Office clients
• Various other significant individual and portfolio clients
The Occupier Rating team is looking for a Surveyor or Senior Surveyor to join the London or Manchester office. This individual will complement the existing experienced team and will be prepared to support, learn and develop as part of a natural succession.
The job will include progressing tenant and owner/occupier “appeal” and consultancy work with direct responsibility for clients as well as working alongside a Partner and other senior individuals.
The role is suitable for an individual who is prepared to work in the best interests of blue-chip clients. We can offer a stimulating workload as part of a dedicated rating team with close links with a variety of property disciplines and across a wide range of property sectors.
The individual will be encouraged to engage in appropriate Business Development and will be an important member of the team as it continues to maintain its strong reputation in market and to grow both market share and fee income.
MAIN DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES
• To support a senior rating surveyor.
• To assist with casework but to grow, manage and progress own casework, under appropriate supervision.
• To be responsible for a defined geographical patch and to manage all appropriate cases within that patch.
• The preparation of valuation data (including analysis of rental, trade and build costs).
• To assist with, and responsible for, Retail Town Centre discussions (GPCRs).
• Property inspection and measurement.
• Liaising with public bodies (Valuation Officer/local billing authorities) and clients.
• Business Development with a view to increasing fee income.
• Attendance at client meetings, supervised as appropriate.
• Valuation Tribunal preparation/attendance as appropriate.
• Be willing to get involved in Professional Bodies activities, including RICS, IRRV and RSA, in order to advance the firm’s reputation.
• Any additional duties as reasonably requested
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
- RICS Qualified
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Able to listen, assimilate and act expeditiously.
- Team Player
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Committed and organised.
- High service delivery skills
- Full driving licence
- Previous experience of dealing with Billing Authorities, the Valuation Office Agency or the Valuation Tribunal
- Working knowledge of Analyse and the VOA Portal (Desirable)