We are currently looking for Surveyors or Senior Surveyors to join our highly successful Valuation Consultancy team as it seeks to grow and continually enhance the service offered to clients.
Whilst many businesses are currently contracting, our balance of public and private sector clients across all property types is creating expansion opportunities as we seek to further complement our highly technical and experienced team and provide our growing client base with innovative and market leading solutions to their valuation needs. We have diverse and challenging client requirements and need highly capable individuals to help us resolve complex valuation issues.
The role will offer the right candidate a great career opportunity to work within a strong and growing team, with the opportunity for meaningful future advancement in a successful partnership.
The art and science of valuations have perhaps always led to different solutions, but we are finding these different approaches are becoming ever more entwined as our clients seek, and we strive to deliver, answers that simply can’t be found in a textbook.
With expanding data sources available to us and rapidly improving technology enabling greater interpretation and analysis of information, as well as increasingly complex valuation models, we are looking for individuals who want to join us on the journey of pushing valuation boundaries and matching our client’s needs with their ability to perform ahead of what we would describe as a ‘traditional valuation surveyor’. You will need good Excel and financial modelling skills to perform at the desired level.
The roles present an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s top 3 valuation practices and advise a variety of UK and international clients on an extensive range of asset types, from major mixed-use regeneration projects to trophy office buildings, from sports stadia to hospitals. The service lines offered are also diverse, and include valuation, lease advisory and strategic real estate (including preparing business cases).
Our clients include leading property companies, banks, debt funds, developers, Local Authorities, government departments, the NHS, infrastructure providers and football clubs.
MAIN DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assist on all instructions, from start to finish
- Inspect and measure properties of varying use types
- Review and summarise lease and title documents and assess their impact on value
- Undertake and draw conclusions from statutory enquiries
- Collate, verify and analyse market evidence/trends and all relevant factors that influence value
- Apply knowledge of the RICS Red Book and other relevant guidance
- Use Excel as well as Argus Enterprise and Developer to prepare valuations
- Undertake drafting of valuation reports and advisory notes
- Undertake direct communication with clients and auditors
- Mentor, manage and train graduates and more junior team members
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
- MRICS and RICS Registered Valuer status preferred, but not essential
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Team player
- High service delivery skills with strong attention to detail
- Committed and organised
- Experienced user of Excel and Argus
- Understanding and experience of cash flow models
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Full driving licence