Montagu Evans’s Rate Management Service is a leading provider of business rates consultancy to UK clients.
The team encompasses consultancy and service; we provide a full rate management and treasury service as well as providing budgeting and liability advice to both landlord and occupier clients in the retail, office, health, industrial and leisure sectors.
We require a Rating Assistant for our busy Rate Management Team to assist with the processing of rating notices, to assist in the maintenance of excellent client relationships and to provide consultancy services on the mitigation of rating liabilities.
MAIN DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Checking rate demands for correctness and liaising with Councils where they are incorrect and obtaining new demands.
- Updating records to reflect changes in occupancy by our clients, amending monthly instalment payments as necessary and obtaining refunds where due.
- Providing monthly reports to clients
- Provide assistance and advice to members of the rating department.
- Any additional duties as reasonably requested
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
- 5 GCSE’s A*- C.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High service delivery skills.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Committed and organised.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Candidates will be expected to have a good understanding of the current rating system in England and some knowledge of Wales and Scotland including up to date case law and legislation.
- A background in local authority will be helpful.