- Key fact: £49 million turnover 2018/19
- Key fact: 93% staff retention 2018/19
- Key fact: Celebrating our centennial in 2021
- Key fact: Awarded RICS Inclusive employer
- Key fact: Founding members of BPF D&I Champions Network
Graduate applications close: Thursday 17th Sep 2020
If you would like to hear more about what Montagu Evans can offer you as a Graduate, please take some time to review our videos below, featuring a 1st year Graduate Surveyor and former Graduate, now Partner discussing how Montagu Evans is the ideal firm to start your career!
Joining Montagu Evans means you are part of our partnership from day one – everyone here is part of a team and has an important role to play in the success of the firm. Our people are our most important asset and we want you to be yourself, be happy and enjoy your work.
To ensure that becomes a reality, we offer:
- At an early stage you will have exposure to some of the largest commercial, residential and mixed-use property projects in the UK across private and public sectors.
- A dedicated mentor and supervisor assigned to you for the duration of your 2 year training – this gives us a great track record of APC pass rates.
- An opportunity to be part of a firm that has received Property Week’s Best Places to Work 3 years in a row.
- Opportunities to attend conferences, away days and socials to get to know colleagues throughout the firm, team build, learn and strengthen relationships.
- Access to our committees to enable you to personally contribute to building the wider firm – in addition everyone is given a “volunteering day” to give back to the community.
- Access to L&D to develop your skills but also support your health and wellbeing.
- Regular dialogue about your career and feedback on how you can progress. We promote on merit so you are in control of your destiny and will be given support and guidance at every step.
To find out more about our Planning team and the culture at Montagu Evans, please watch the below video! Featuring a 2nd year Graduate Planner and a former Graduate, now qualified Planner!
“People know each other and social events encourage this. The graduate programme provides experience and support to get professionally qualified at the earliest opportunity. The company Is autonomous and staff are encouraged to take advantage of this to develop their careers.” Anonymous feedback from Property Week’s Best Places to Work
we are proud to say that we have been voted property week best places to work 2018, 2019 and 2020.
We build strong, high performing, diverse teams by recruiting a variety of people with different experiences – personality above all is valued so bring your best self.
- For Surveyor and Planner applications, a minimum 2.1 degree obtained or predicted in a RICS or RTPI accredited undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
- For Heritage applications, your course may have put you in line for membership of the RTPI and our APC candidates have a high pass rate due to our mentoring system. Alternatively, your qualification may be more suited to IHBC membership. In either case, we look for:
- Practical and relevant work experience.
- Commercially aware and astute individuals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A genuine desire to pursue a career in the property industry.
"You always have a voice, all are encouraged to get involved, partners roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. There’s a real sense of purpose, ambition and drive that’s unique." Anonymous feedback from Property Week’s Best Places to Work
Applications now closed
All CVs that are submitted before the application deadline will be considered by our Graduate Recruitment team, and successful candidates will be invited for a first round interview.
Following the initial interview stage, selected candidates will be invited to a second round interview, after which offers will be made.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants
"A sense of community is created through trust, transparency and respect of those within the organisation. It’s run by those who are invested emotionally in the firm and it’s employee’s well being and career progression. It creates a platform and oﬀers support for individuals and teams to realise their true potential." Anonymous feedback from Property Week’s Best Places to Work
- A competitive starting salary
- Discretionary annual Bonus Scheme
- 26 days paid holiday. Rising to 28 days after 5 years complete service
- Payment of fees for RICS Registration and APC Assessment or IHBC membership.
- APC Training seminars and workshops
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Permanent Health Insurance (on qualification)
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Office based sports and wellbeing initiatives
Follow us on social media
Montagu Evans thinks...
Transport & Infrastructure
By John Percy
By Rob Bower
Retail & Leisure
By Simon Rogers
First intern appointment for Chancerygate Foundation Andreas Odysseos to join Montagu Evans3 mins read
RENTAL GROWTH OR REDUCED LAND VALUES? THE TRUE IMPACT OF THE CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS SHORTAGE2 mins read
By Jody Smith
THE DIGITALISATION OF PLANNING IN SCOTLAND: LOOKING AHEAD AND LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE PANDEMIC3 mins read
By Rachel Mushet
By Kate Brennan
Property week best places
we are proud to say that we have been voted property week best places 2018, 2019 and 2020.