CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Montagu Evans Believes…
promoting skills and diversity – we aim to:
- increase recruitment from non-cognate backgrounds;
- improve equality and diversity of gender, BAME and LGBTQ community throughout the partnership; and
- deliver a talent development programme which establishes long term relationships with students from under-represented backgrounds.
Wellbeing of our people – we aim to:
- create an environment where people can always prioritise their wellbeing;
- offer competitive benefits that support our people and their work / life balance and interests; and
- deliver a learning and development programme to promote and maintain priority of wellbeing and mental health.
Protecting our environment – we aim to:
- commit to reducing, reusing and recycling through regular education programmes;
- commit to delivering ISO 14001 sustainability standard; and
- consistently measure and reduce our travel/CO2 omissions.
To create healthy and happy places – we aim to:
- commit to deliver healthy places;
- ensure involvement in influential government and private sector networks to encourage debate and change; and
- ensure to support and maintain education of “green” schemes and assets across the UK.
our net zero carBon commitments
The scientific community has clearly stated the need to reach Net Zero global Carbon Dioxide (CO2) emissions by mid-century, in order to limit global temperatures to 1.5oC above pre-industrial levels and to reduce the destructive impacts of climate change on human society and nature.
Montagu Evans are committed to being a responsible business and are aiming to help achieve this ambitious goal through our environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategy and our Net Zero Carbon (NVZ) commitments are just one element of that.
It is important to us that we share our Net Zero Carbon (NZC) Commitments, giving our stakeholders the opportunity to be involved in the journey, track our progress, and provide feedback. The report below presents our intended route to NZC and details how we are taking responsibility for our own impact on the environment, whilst enhancing value to our people and our clients. Click below to read the full report.
montagu evans declares a climate and ecological emergency
There is a pressing need for everyone to play their part in accelerating the transition to a more sustainable future.
Montagu Evans cares about people, legacy and places.
- We commit to decarbonise our operations and supply chain, which includes reshaping how we serve clients, sustain reductions in travel and increase the use of zero carbon energy.
- We will embed the implications of climate change and other Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) related factors across the work we do with clients, from strategy to implementation.
- We will adhere to corporate reporting standards that Include comprehensive non-financial reporting practices.
- We commit to aid research and collaboration with other businesses, policy makers and organisations to accelerate the transition to a Net Zero Economy.
Over the coming months, and now as part of Business Declares, we will share these plans with colleagues, clients and contacts, raising awareness further, working collaboratively and creating more opportunities for change.
We will introduce more education, training and support; we will increase research and thought leadership, and we will scale up action through industry and policy engagement.
“We believe everyone should have access to safe and secure homes”
Which is why our Partners and employees have nominated to support two charities which embody exactly that:
Habitat for Humanity (London)
Habitat for Humanity are a humanitarian organisation established in 1976 focused on long-term development, aid and poverty alleviation. Their mission is to build a safe enviornment where families and communities can thrive. Their objectives being “access to safe, decent and affordable housing is a basic human right that should be available to everyone”.
Our fundraising efforts support the refurbishment of one of their Housing for Women’s Refuges projects in London for women fleeing domestic violence.
Ronald McDonald House (Scotland)
Ronald McDonald Homes works with families who are supporting children who require specialist medical care by providing free ‘home away from home’ accommodation at children’s hospitals across the UK, enabling families to stay close to their child and maintain a degree of normal family life.
We are working with Ronald McDonald House to develop a variety of initiatives for fundraising events and activities and to facilitate volunteer opportunities for our Glasgow and Edinburgh offices at the Ronald McDonald House at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Glasgow and, when it is completed later in 2018, the Ronald McDonald facility at the Royal Hospital for Children in Edinburgh.