This project was worked on by the following people, working in partnership from across our business…
- Adrian Peachey Partner, Commercial Agency and Advisory
- Dominic Ball Associate, Commercial Agency and Advisory
- Malcolm Hewines Partner, Development & Valuation Consultancy
- Dan Peake Partner, Commercial Agency and Advisory
- Kevin White Head of Education Sector Partner, Development & Valuation Consultancy
- Alan Harris Head of Town Centre Sector Partner, Development & Valuation Consultancy
We advised Castlepoint Borough Council on the purchase of a 75,000 sq ft shopping centre on a freehold 7 acre site in Canvey Island town centre for £11 million (£1.50 million per acre). The scheme is anchored by the main food store on the island occupied by J Sainsbury (45,000 sq ft) for a further 14 years.
The property occupies a large, level, site which also provides 300 visitor car parking spaces. It is surrounded by the town centre ring road and principal shopping thoroughfare and therefore occupies a most strategic location in the heart of the town centre comprising the largest and most critical site for Castlepoint’s seafront and town centre regeneration plans
This is the first asset that will form part of a town centre strategic acquisition plan that Montagu Evans are helping to deliver and will include the creation of a new town square, as well as a mix of residential, health, hotel retail and food and beverage uses complementing the food store and new street market.
Herefordshire County Council