The Viability team provides viability and affordable housing advice to planning applicants (developers and landowners). Our advice at the pre-application stage informs developers on the level of affordable housing and other planning contributions required within their proposed development.
After the scheme has been fixed, we then prepare Financial Viability Assessments which are submitted as part of the planning application to justify the level of affordable housing included within the development. We then enter into negotiations with the Council’s viability advisors in order that an agreement be reached.
We are a highly successful and profitable team of dedicated and experienced professionals with ambitious plans to grow.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Viability team (part of the Development team), providing development viability advice to a range of developers and landowners active in London and the South East.
The role will offer the successful candidate a great career opportunity to work within a busy and growing team, with excellent potential for career progression within a successful partnership.
The successful candidate will be based in London but will be expected to travel within the UK from time to time in order to undertake site visits and attend meetings.
MAIN DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The role and responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with project team members (e.g. planners, architects, quantity surveyors and lawyers) to source information for development appraisals;
- Undertaking research and sourcing evidence to support valuations (for viability purposes) – commercial and residential properties;
- Undertaking valuations of existing properties and/or land;
- Undertaking development appraisals for various reasons but mainly Financial Viability Assessments to support our clients’ planning applications;
- Writing Financial Viability Assessment reports to justify levels of affordable housing and other planning benefits contained within a planning application;
- Attending meetings with clients, planning authorities and their consultants to discuss and further substantiate the reports and appraisals;
- Negotiating with Councils’ Viability advisors in order that agreements be reached.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS);
- 1-3+ years post MRICS qualification experience;
- An experienced Argus Developer user;
- Good valuation experience – preferably an RICS Registered Valuer;
- Experience of the residential and commercial development market;
- A good understanding of the planning system;
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Client facing skills, confidence and self-motivation;
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills;
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal;