Montagu Evans’s progressive Rating Department is seeking to employ an ambitious and committed professional to join an expanding TEAM based in central London.
We offer a stimulating workload as part of a dedicated rating team with close links with a variety of property disciplines and across a wide range of property sectors, including tenant and owner/occupier ‘appeal’ work with direct responsibility for clients and to a Partner.
Self-determination and motivation to succeed are expected with commensurate progress and reward.
Candidates will be encouraged to engage in appropriate business development and will be an important member of the team as it continues to maintain its strong reputation in market and to grow both market share and fee income.
About the role
- Supporting a senior rating surveyor
- To assist with casework but to grow, manage and progress own casework, under appropriate supervision
- To be responsible for a defined geographical patch and to manage all appropriate cases within
- The preparation of valuation data (including analysis of rental, trade and build costs)
- To assist with, and responsible for, retail town centre discussions (GPCRs)
- Property inspection and measurement
- Liaising with public bodies (Valuation Officer/local billing authorities) and clients
- Business development with a view to increasing fee income
- Attendance at client meetings, supervised as appropriate
- Valuation Tribunal preparation/attendance as appropriate
- Be willing to get involved in professional bodies activities, including RICS, IRRV and RSA, in order to advance the firm’s reputation
- Able to listen, assimilate and act expeditiously
- Strong attention to detail
- High service delivery skills
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Committed and organised
- Should be able to travel throughout the UK and be prepared to stay overnight on occasions
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Full, clean driving licence
- Any previous experience of business rates, local authority finance or the Valuation Office
- Working knowledge of Analyse