Working closely with Centre Director to deliver the annual marketing strategy for the Bridges. Drive footfall, frequency of visits, dwell time, retailer sales and market share for the centre through delivering bespoke campaigns from concept to delivery and evaluation. Responsible for the full marketing mix.
Temporary role to cover maternity leave. To start as soon as possible.
As the Marketing Manager for this vibrant city centre shopping destination, you will be responsible for devising and implementing the marketing strategy, working alongside the centre management team to deliver it successfully.
Your remit will include managing a variety of external agencies (including PR, creative and media), budget management, media buying, digital marketing, market research, crisis management, CSR, as well as retailer liaison.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To plan and implement the annual marketing strategy activity for the Bridges to drive commercial targets for the centre including retail sales, turnover per square foot, footfall and dwell time.
- To act as a brand ambassador for the Bridges and for the city of Sunderland, working with the Centre Director to promote the centre to identified target audiences; and support with all aspects of communication including advertising, social media, promotions and events, signage, digital marketing, retailer activity, public relations etc. to ensure that brand values, tone of voice, messaging and guidelines are always adhered to.
- To take ownership of implementing all marketing campaigns, which will be overseen by the Centre Director. To include the design and production of all marketing materials and collateral for the centre, distribution of promotional materials as needed and ensuring all printed materials are compliant with brand and company standards.
- To plan and coordinate key retail occasion events within the centre and produce evaluation reports.
- To manage all relevant social media channels by creating content plans, implementing the social media plan, monitoring channels and social media marketing campaigns and produce monthly social media reports.
- Manage all website content.
- Work with agencies and media suppliers to plan, deliver and monitor media campaigns ensuring all campaigns are targeted appropriately and best value rates are negotiated.
- Work with the PR agency to support proactive opportunities identified in the annual marketing strategy, as well as any reactive opportunities that arise during the course of the year.
- Deliver ‘new tenant’ campaigns to drive awareness and interest in new occupiers ahead of their launch; to include consumer and trade PR, social media and marketing support.
- Attend tenant meetings where required.
- Support the centre’s involvement in destination marketing activity for the city, ensuring that the Bridges has visibility/involvement in any relevant council, BID or third party led campaigns to promote tourism and visits to the city. Attend meetings where necessary.
- To take day to day responsibility for budget management, tracking POs, logging all expenditure and commitments.
- To prepare all post campaign analysis.
- To handle general marketing enquiries, responding where possible or referring to colleagues as necessary.
- Track competitor activity by keeping abreast of market changes and the marketing mix used by competitors.
- To work cooperatively with other departments at the Bridges and within Montagu Evans.
- To carry out any other tasks as requested by the Centre Director.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualification
- Marketing or communications graduate.
- Budget management experience.
- Experience of writing creative and engaging copy.
- Experience of working in the service/shopping centre/retail industry.
- Local knowledge of City of Sunderland.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Confident and outgoing personality.
- Would be described as influential, proactive and collaborative.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Well organised and self-motivated.
- Excellent command of written English with copy accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Good project management skills and ability to juggle a number of projects at any one time.
- Experience of direct line/agency management.