About the role
To promote The Bridges through initiating and developing strong relationships with other key stakeholders in the town of Sunderland and the immediate catchment. To be creative in the repurposing of the shopping centre and, working collaboratively with the Property and Asset Manager to bring these ideas to fruition.
To manage the overall operation of The Bridges, leading and developing the team, controlling resources, managing relationships with the retailers and maintaining a safe environment. The CD will work with the Property Manager to update and deliver the annual Service Charge Budget and Car Park Business Plan. The CD will seize every opportunity to optimize performance and returns, developing ideas and managing initiatives whilst delivering value to the retailers.
They will ensure that the Centre will be the hub of all activities and promotions within the town of Sunderland.
The CD will have responsibility for delivering the very best and market leading standards consistently throughout the Centre.
Reports to: Partner, Montagu Evans
Financial, Leasing & Professional
- To develop and deliver the Service Charge Budget and corresponding reports, reflecting best value, and RICS best practice, and maintaining a 5 year forecast and PPM programme.
- To maximize ancillary revenue whilst ensuring the trading of established retailers or the Centre is not compromised.
- To work with the Asset Manager (AM) to actively participate in, co-ordinate and monitor the leasing process.
- To actively source retailers – particularly Independent retailers – and also temporary traders, working with the AM to maximize opportunities to fulfil Business Plan targets.
- To maintain that rules and regulations for Mall Licenses are adhered to and that no legal protection under the Landlord and Tenant Legislation is allowed to be created through occupation of the Centre.
Product & Service
- To be responsible for the implementation and delivery of consistent brand standards throughout the Centre.
- To interpret, evolve and manage the implementation of the Centre Operations Manual.
- To contribute as necessary to the Monthly Property Management Report, and ensure that reporting deadlines are met.
- To work with the Marketing Manager to develop and deliver a marketing plan and brand touchpoints, PR strategy and Ancillary Income strategy, consistent with a central policy, applied with local relevance.
- To ensure that all invoices are coded accurately and to manage the processing of all associated expenditure and to ensure that the service charge budget is not exceeded.
- Monitor tenants’ shop fits/refurbishment and ensure the presentation of each tenant’s unit is to the Centre’s standards to include cleanliness, level of merchandising and fascia presentation.
- To be the nominated person responsible for all Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Environmental matters, systems and procedures, reporting on site and to ensure at all times the H & S of all tenants and visitors to the Centre.
- To build excellent relationships with all retailers, including regular meetings, focusing on the retailers trading performance.
- To walk the malls and be visible to mall retailers, directing the Centre team to deliver excellent standards of retail presentation.
- Cary out or manage other “ad hoc” duties as may reasonably be requested.
- To maintain full involvement in all city centre activities representing The Bridges Shopping Centre.
- To lead, motivate and direct all Montagu Evans on site staff ensuring every individual is developed and trained so as to reflect Montagu Evan’s brand values.
- To liaise with HR and implement group initiatives.
- To plan the structure of the team, recruiting suitable people as necessary and developing a succession pool of talent.
- To ensure delivery of all required statutory training responsibilities and work within company policies and procedures.
- To liaise with Montagu Evans in all matters relating to personnel administration, management and payroll, as detailed in Montranet (Intranet).
- To ensure all employees have regular performance reviews and to formulate individual action plans to include training, development opportunities, individual aspirations and working relationships.
- To identify training needs for all employees working with the team to meet these appropriately.
- To communicate with employees all information about the company, the brand, initiatives etc. as appropriate.
- To recognize and share best practice performance by individuals/team.
- To ensure delivery and implementation of customer awareness training.
- To ensure all company policies are understood, communicated and adhered to appropriately.
- Management & control of the Service Charge Budget as appropriate.
- Retailer feedback.
- City centre involvement.
- Management of car park income and cash flow.