Montagu Evans is a Partner firm of LandAid, a charity that works to improve the lives of children and young people in the UK who experience disadvantage due to their economic or social circumstances.
I recently signed up to be a LandAid Ambassador. The role involves promoting the charity at Montagu Evans and within the property industry, dreaming up new fundraising ideas, getting stuck into all the events LandAid hold, and providing a base through which the charity can promote their good work.
The LandAid Ambassador Induction Session introduced what the charity does, where the raised funds go and how they are allocated. New Ambassadors worked together in teams to produce new ideas for the Charity to not only fundraise, but also promote its brand.
Good points from the 1st meeting:
1. New Events
- Cricket Tournament – Same setup as Rugby Sevens (Additional BBQ and Sunshine)
- Surveyors Touch Rugby Tournament
- LandAid Day – Introduction of a LandAid Mascot/Mascot Suit to be worn by each ambassador and run/cycled/public transported around London/UK throughout the day
- Promote new ideas for LandAid Day – Table Tennis competition
2. In House Promotion within Montagu Evans
- Promote LandAid internally on email, Newsletters and noticeboards
- Presentations to teams on what LandAid is up to and how we can do more to help
- Promotion of Online Retail Fundraising
- Support for LandAid 10k & other events (Achieve higher fundraising goals on these events)
Promoting their sporting events:
LandAid 10k summer Run
So far the experience has been interesting and insightful. Hopefully Bee and I can help put LandAid firmly on the Montagu Evans map, and by doing so, help the charity achieve great things. The next event is the LandAid Summer 10k Summer Run.